My name is Tyler Jacobs and I’m an accomplished creative with decades of experience in graphic design, animation, branding, videography, & a lot more.
Career highlights include:
- Core member of the team that created the hit children’s shows, Yo Gabba Gabba! (Nickelodeon) and The Aquabats! Super Show! (The Hub Network).
- Two-time Daytime Emmy nominee (Yo Gabba Gabba! 2011 & 2016).
- Illustrated children’s book “The World Beneath The Floor” as a special project (2023)
- Managed a video production team for multiple YouTube channels (Orbeez, +300K).
- Produced rich media banner ads for A-list clients at TBWA\Chiat\Day.
- Designed graphics, websites, and content for RVCA and Paul Frank Industries.
- Built the first websites for Black Eyed Peas and QOTSA at Interscope Records.
~ ~ WORK HISTORY ~ ~
FREELANCE ARTIST & DESIGNER 1999 – Present
- Created original art, graphics, animations, and websites for clients including Cornell University, Gwen Stefani’s Harajuku Lovers, LuLaRoe, CreepyCo, Dot Dot Smile, Sold-Out Software, Merch.Com, and more.
- Drove A-list actors, filmmakers & board members as a personal chauffeur at The Sundance Film Festival. (Miderra Events 2017–2019)
- Art featured at Gallery 1988, Sugarmynt, Meltdown, and KidRobot.
LAZY DOG RESTAURANTS
Senior Content Creator Huntington Beach, CA 2018
- Self-produced a series of original animated shorts for social media.
- Shot and edited original video and photo content.
- Designed and executed several online ad campaigns.
Creative Director Santa Ana, CA 2016 – 2017
- Oversaw all creative direction on the content produced by the production/post-production team, whom I advised and mentored.
- Simultaneously directed, wrote, art-directed, shot, edited, cast, costume-designed, and acted in videos for six brands.
- Produced video content for toy brands (Orbeez, Pom Pom Wow!, etc.).
- Directed and performed over 20 livestreams in character.
- Developed brand identities, toy & game concepts, and product design.
Founder/ Creative Director Santa Ana, CA 2013 – 2017
- Founded event company that created unique experiential film screenings in Southern California. Events frequently sold out.
- Transformed theater lobbies into themed experiences to sync with films screened, with decorations, music, catering, photo booths, etc.
- Designed marketing materials and bespoke merch, and edited video.
“YO GABBA GABBA!” – DHX MEDIA / WILDBRAIN ENTERTAINMENT / THE MAGIC STORE!
Creative Director Hollywood, CA 2009 – 2015
- Assistant-directed & wrote two episodes (“Olympics,” “Restaurant”).
- Designed costumes, sets, and various graphic elements for music videos for such bands as Weezer, The Killers, and more.
- Directed a six-part series at the Coachella Arts and Music Festival (2010).
- Consulted on story, music supervision, casting, creative decisions, etc.
- Art-directed and developed products for dozens of licensees (Funko, Ty’s, Jazwares, Volcom, Vans, Simon & Schuster, and many more).
- Designed branding and merchandise for Yo Gabba Gabba! Live tours.
“THE AQUABATS! SUPER SHOW!” – THE HUB NETWORK
Creative Designer Costa Mesa, CA 2011 – 2014
- Wrote/directed episodes and sketches, both animated and live-action.
- Designed sets, props, costumes, logo, graphics, and titles.
- Created brand style guide including merchandise art direction.
VIRGIN MOBILE USA
Interactive Art Director Warren, NJ 2006 – 2008
- Designed and produced site elements, digital postcards, e-mailers, etc.
- Worked closely with third-party agencies to develop GUI, style guides, audio branding, event branding, etc. (LG, Kyocera, Pantech, Samsung).
- Directed art w/ outside agency for Virgin Mobile Festival (2007, 2008).
THE AQUABATS! (Band)
Contract Web/Graphic Artist Orange County, CA 1996 – 2013
- Designed, redesigned, and maintained the website, which included a news blog, photo, and lyric archives, animations, multimedia, mini-sites, etc.
- Served as a community manager and message board moderator.
- Designed art for merchandise, albums, promo items, etc.
- Directed and edited video content for web, DVD and live concerts.
- Performed as live VJ for on-stage visuals on international tours, including performance at the Coachella Arts & Music Festival.
Flash Producer Los Angeles, CA 2005 – 2006
- Produced, animated, and programmed rich media ad units & mini-sites.
- High-profile clients included Apple, Sony, Energizer, Pepsi, Nissan, Infiniti, Pennzoil, Uncle Ben’s, Harman, Whiskas, and more.
Web Designer Costa Mesa, CA 2004
- Built interactive brand website from the ground up.
- Featured clothing, artists, athletes, musicians, web videos, events, etc.
- Filmed events and artist interviews and edited for web.
PAUL FRANK INDUSTRIES
Web / Graphic Artist Costa Mesa, CA 2002 – 2004
- Designed and maintained the brand’s two innovative animated websites.
- Created dozens of original graphics for apparel and promo material.
- Edited animation for web cartoon Julius and Friends.
- Built Julius and Friends season two pitch bible for television.
New Media Consultant Los Angeles, CA 1999 – 2000
- Worked directly with artists and management to design and enhance websites and digital ads for A-list acts, including No Doubt, Dr. Dre, Black Eyed Peas, Beck, Sheryl Crowe, Sting, Eminem, Sonic Youth, Queens of the Stone Age, and more.
- Ran giveaway contests and brand collaborations, with street teams and fan clubs.
~ ~ SKILLS ~ ~
- Creative Direction
- Art Direction
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- UI Design
- Logo Design
- English – Native
- After Effects
- Final Cut
- French – Fluent
- Product Development
- Event Planning
- Acting & Improv
- Voice Acting
- Spanish – Learning