~ ~ CAREER HIGHLIGHTS ~ ~
– Created original online content for channels for several toy brands such as Orbeez, with over 300,000 subscribers.
– I started a successful film screening event company, CinemAttack! Productions.
– Played a key role in the creation, development and marketing of the children’s TV properties, “Yo Gabba Gabba!” (Nickelodeon) & “The Aquabats! Super Show!” (The Hub Network)
– Twice nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award (Yo Gabba Gabba! – Set Design, 2011and Directing, 2016)
– Branded campaigns and developed GUI design with telecommunication manufacturer for Virgin Mobile USA.
– Rich media animation & interactive programming for A-list clients at TBWA\Chiat\Day (Tequila) in Los Angeles.
– Designed graphics, websites and created digital content at RVCA Clothing & Paul Frank Industries
– Developed and maintained web presences for the pop & rock goliaths at Interscope Records.
~ ~ SKILLS ~ ~
• Creative direction, Art direction, Branding, Product development
• Social media marketing, online advertising, campaign promotions
• Screenwriting, Creative Writing, Copywriting
• Video Production – FCPX, AfterEffects, compression etc.
• Graphic design – Adobe CC suite, typography, hand illustration
• Trello, TimeFox, MyMediabox, Asana, Evernote Acting, Improv, Voice Acting, Modeling French – Fluent (written & spoken)
~ ~ AWARDS & ASSOCIATIONS ~ ~
• Daytime Emmy Award nominations: “Yo Gabba Gabba!” – 2016
(Outstanding Directing in a Children’s or Pre-School Children’s Series)
“Yo Gabba Gabba!” – 2011
(Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction / Set Decoration / Scenic Design)
• Art show participant: Gallery 1988, Meltdown, Gallery Nucleus
• Trained Scoutmaster (Boy Scouts of America)
• Trained Improv Actor (ComedySportZ Portland, 2016)
• Member – The Mankind Project (2008)
• Member of AIGA, SAG (currently inactive)
~ ~ WORK HISTORY ~ ~
LAZY DOG RESTAURANTS
Senior Content Creator Huntington Beach, CA 2018
- Created animated shorts for social media (Written, illustrated, animated, edited, VO, scored, etc.).
- Edited and/or shot video and photographic content.
- Planned and maintained a social media content calendar.
- Produced banner ad content for several campaigns (static, animated GIF, HTML5).
- Greatly increased brand’s social media following and sales.
Creative Director Santa Ana, CA 2016 – 2017
- Creative oversight and direction for all content on the production / post-production team. Advised and mentored junior staff.
- Produced online content beginning to end – promoting international toy brands (Orbeez, Pom Pom Wow!, Pranx Cru, etc.).
- Took lead in all aspects of video production, including concepting, directing, writing, editing, casting, VO, and more.
- Performed in and directed over 20 live streams (and multiple vlog posts) in character for Pranx Cru (acting/improv).
- Creative developer for various toy & game concepts and product design.
- Character design for pitching new entertainment properties.
- Directed social media campaigns on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter & Vine.
- Other projects included tradeshows, signage design, and special marketing events.
Founder/ Creative Director Santa Ana, CA 2013 – 2017
- Founded a successful movie screening event company, throwing events at theaters and music festivals.
- Transformed theater lobbies into themed experiences matching the film screened. Decorations, music, catering, photo booths, etc.
- Designed original assets and exclusive merchandise for every event.
- Sourced and coordinated with artists to produce exclusive art prints.
- Managed all ticket sales and social media marketing. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, etc.)
- Cut custom trailers, themed pre-show reels and branding announcements.
- Highlights included: “The Scott Pilgrim Picture Show” (w/ live band, laser light show, etc.), “The Wheel of Anderson” etc.
“YO GABBA GABBA!” – DHX MEDIA / THE MAGIC STORE
Creative Director Hollywood, CA 2009 – 2015
- Product development / art direction with numerous licensees creating toys, CDs, interactive apps, apparel, books, beverages, etc. Licensees included Jazwares, Volcom, Vans, Simon & Schuster, Ty’s, Toddland, Funko, Cupcake Digital, Birthday Express, Kids 50 Juice and many, many more.
- Co-Director & Screenwriter. Designed costumes, sets and various graphics for music video segments for such bands as Weezer, The Killers, and many more. Nominated for two Daytime Emmy Awards (2011 & 2016).
- Yo Gabba Gabba! Live – Branding (titles, merchandise programs, promotional material, etc.).
- Wrote and illustrated a board book series for both Wendy’s and Taco Bell.
- Managed the design & content of brand’s social media presence.
- Acted as creative consultant on numerous projects including events, writing, and music supervision.
- Produced and designed sell sheets, presentation DVDs and other promotional products.
- Oversaw several re-brandings, producing and co-designing several style guides, including original art.
- Co-Directed exclusive video content for events such as The Coachella Arts & Music Festival (2010).
- Designed booth signage multiple tradeshows for DHX & Wildbrain Entertainment.
“Yo Gabba Gabba!” (Pilot) – Animation Director 2006
- Animated several segments, prepped and formatted for broadcast television.
- Motion graphic animators for live-action sequences.
- Creative on pre-production (story, costume and set design, etc.).
- Art directed promotional items and developed brand identity.
- Assistant editor, behind-the-scenes videographer
“THE AQUABATS! SUPER SHOW!”
Art Design Director / ScreenwriterCosta Mesa, CA 2011 – 2013
- Screenwriter (3 produced episodes, several unproduced. Numerous episode pitches).
- Sketch segment Director (“The Lil Bat Media Player”).
- Production design & art direction (sets, props, costumes, etc.)
- Show Logo, title and graphic identity design.
- Branding & merchandise concept and design including creation of a full style guide.
The Aquabats! Music (Contractor) 1996 – 2006
- Lead graphic designer and webmaster and for the internationally touring band, The Aquabats!
- Designed & maintained the website, periodically refreshing the design, content, and style.
- Developed site featuring extensive photo archive, lyrics archive, flash intros, multimedia library, mini-sites, etc.
- Edited and produced DVDs as well as numerous other video projects.
- Created fan forums and acted as head moderator for over five years.
- Sorted and addressed fan mail from all over the world.
- Assistant Copywriter on blog entries.
- Designed CD art, merchandise and a many T-shirts.
- Toured internationally as video technician for the live projections during performances.
VIRGIN MOBILE USA
Interactive Art Director Warren, NJ 2006 – 2008
- Designed and produced web site elements, interactive mini-sites, HTML e-mailers, maintaining brand integrity, considering such aspects as architecture, user experience and optimization.
- Designed original graphics for phone wallpapers, screensavers and internal environmental posters and graphics.
- Developed Graphical user interface (GUI) development with outside design agencies for handsets, style guide management, GUI production, and iconography. Implemented for several different manufacturers including LG, Kyocera, Pantech and Samsung.
- Directed art with outside agencies for various web/print/mobile projects to enhance branding integrity.
- Brainstormed innovative means of creative marketing for both internal and public campaigns with an internal team of designers.
- Recognized for special projects including animated flash commercials, creative marketing, audio branding direction, special holiday promotions, viral video writing and production, marketing research and presentation graphics.
Flash Producer Los Angeles, CA 2005 – 2006
- Produced banner ads and interactive units in various formats through creative design, animation and/or ActionScript programming.
- Collaborated with Art Directors & Creative Managers to produce websites, mini-sites, HTML mailers, etc.
- Chosen for confidential campaigns for Apple (iPod campaign) and other special projects including TV spot animatics (Energizer), video editing (PlayStation, Harman), CD-ROM design & authoring (Nissan).
- Other clients included, Pepsi, Infiniti, Pennzoil, Uncle Ben’s, Whiskas, etc.
Web Designer Costa Mesa, CA 2004 – 2005
- Created a web presence for the company by designing and programming the web site from ground up. Featured clothing, artists, sponsored athletes (surf, skate, MMA) and musicians, web videos, etc. maintaining brand identity & philosophy.
- Filmed / edited exclusive online video content – i.e. art gallery openings, film premieres & artist interviews.
PAUL FRANK INDUSTRIES
Web Designer / Graphic Designer Costa Mesa, CA 2002 – 2004
- Designed and programmed the company’s two main innovative flash websites.
- Designed original humorous tee-shirt graphics and prepped them for print production.
- Edited and animated web series (“Julius & Friends”). Wrote & designed pitch bible for a second season.
- Researched fashion and design trends to maintain the brand’s cutting-edge style.
- Produced HTML e-mail blasts and promotional print material (postcards, invitations, etc.)
~ ~ FURTHER HISTORY & DETAILS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST ~ ~